Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I got my first job in 2004. Then I worked for HLF as a political consultant in a temporary position

Guest blogger: Marte Oppedal Vale - my educational and professional life | Briskeby Blog - Briskeby School and Competence militer Center's militer student blog
It is not easy to summarize my choice in education profession over the years. militer The act would give some advice to students on Briskeby today is not easy, but I make an effort. It is clear that the hearing has been that a queried in mind, but I have done my utmost not to allow it to be crucial for my choices. For me, what I've always wanted to do, and what I have been motivated to do ultimately was crucial when I stood at a crossroads.
I finished the Briskeby school in spring 1997. I've militer written a little about my hearing story on my blog background militer to explain my way from being deaf to CI. Particularly interested can read more here. During my years at Briskeby I had many tradeoffs and forth about what to do. Community subjects were subjects I liked very much, to be a student at college, so I thought a lot about whether there could be a future.
But I have chosen to go a year at a folk high school. For me it was important to test out if I could work in a normal hearing environment and such school year appeared to me like a good idea! It was a great year. I found that people would be with me because I was me and because I had the interests I had. Hearing was a challenge in practical life, but it was not an issue when I would find my place in the social community school! I had to offer myself and take the initiative to contact and was greeted with curiosity and respect! Learning that I could function socially has been of great importance for studies in particular, but also for participating in the labor market.
After the folk high school, I chose studies at NTNU in Trondheim. Fagekombinasjonen I first chose was political science, and language and communication studies. Later, I majored in political science. There were some very tough years when it came to organizing. At that time there was very little support for students with disabilities and each semester militer was a struggle compared to facilitation. But I liked the subject so well, and that I had a life to studying did I persevered. By recover well during the holidays and recall willpower when I met resistance I was able to study at the prescribed time and was finished in 2004.
Among facilitation measures I have based myself on as it has been primarily the use of interpreters and induction loops. The method has been that I've been listening a lecturer or fellow students through militer the induction loop. When I slipped or fell out so I looked at the interpreter. The interpreter then has been told to focus on conveying what is said with obvious mouth (so I can read the mouth) and with characters that support (TSS). I do not think this method is very common, but I've been selfish enough to find out what suits me best! The interpreter then has more or less served as a communications militer assistant and has helped that I have stressed less. The feeling of being in control and that the interpreter will help you if something happens has been crucial for me to feel safe, both in studies and later in the workplace!
I got my first job in 2004. Then I worked for HLF as a political consultant in a temporary position. It was super exciting and a bit of a transition. Later I got I work as a project manager for a major project and as a youth consultant at Norwegian militer Diabetes Association. It was exciting and I found that even with fairly poor hearing as I could manage to work. These first two years I did not use an interpreter, just Inductive and training of associates to speak clearly. But my hearing kept going down and when I started militer in my third job in the Ministry of Labour and Social Inclusion (AID), I started gradually using more interpreters to work! The three years I was in AID and eventually of Children and Equality militer was an incredible period. I got to be part of an exciting project and got really confirmed to myself that it was worth it to choose an education and a profession that I was motivated!
Last year I started a new job. Then I got a job as a counselor in the Equality and Anti-Discrimination Ombud. Here I work in the social department and my duties are quite varied. I'm working on everything from labor market participation, participation in power / democracy, to combat discrimination nightlife. Some days are quiet and I enjoy that office rat and immerse myself militer in the larger tasks, militer while other days there are a lot of speed and excitement of meetings and seminars. I like this variation in the working day. By having a job with responsibility then I also greater ability to control my own life. This is something I think it is wise to be aware of the choice of education and occupation!
Should I recommend something it must be: Find something you really like to do. You must want to work and just your job to stand up and downs. It is your responsibility to stand for who

No comments:

Post a Comment