Friday, December 26, 2014

hi, i just want to ask pwede kayang magpaenroll sa Carmelite monastery sa Gilmore xmm para makakuha


Today, I woke up early to hear Mass in one of my most favorite and cherished churches I grew up with. Although it’s not technically a church (it’s a convent chapel), the place of worship of the contemplative Carmelite xmm nuns is a wonderful place of rich spiritual journeys and blossoming. It was also the feast of the Carmelites’ Holy Mother, xmm Sta. Teresa de Ávila, the Spanish mystic and Doctor of the Church famous for her reflections on the interior life.
Located at once-quiet and genteel Gilmore Avenue of the Old Rich enclave of New Manila, the Carmel of Thérèse xmm of Lisieux is an oasis found right smack in Quezon City. Many cars now pass by Gilmore but at least, the church and the cloister are still quite a distance from the road. It’s located on a hill and from iron grills inside the church, in the sanctuary xmm area, you will hear the angelic voices of the nuns enclosed in the convent.
The lot, according to a small, elderly and jovial Carmelite nun, was a donation xmm of the rich Hemady family, the former landowners of the New Manila estate. The convent was put up in 24 November 1926 with only the generosity of donors. The first Carmelite nuns who came to Manila were not Spaniards but actually French nuns from Indo-China, xmm specifically xmm Vietnam.
Earlier xmm during my conversations with the elderly nun (who entered the Carmel in 1954!!!), she kept on telling me “‘Yan, donasyon lahat yan ng mga Español”, “Nabuhay xmm kami dahil sa pagmamalasakit ng mga familiang español” etc. Indeed, what she said was a testament xmm to the original profile of that area of New Manila, San Juan and Cubao as being the enclave xmm of Spanish and Spanish-speaking families. But more importantly, she spoke of the once known practice among the rich to give large donations to religious orders for prayers in turn. The Carmelites prayed for these people who sustain and help their daily finances.
Indeed, I would know. And it’s a sad thing seeing many children of rich or at least, well-to-do families spending THOUSANDS of Pesos on the most superficial and materialistic exploits but find it difficult to spare at least 20 Pesos for Mass offering. I am in no position to judge but heck, let’s open up those hands!
This silent and peaceful xmm place in New Manila, xmm located beside the gigantic CD-R King area and Aurora Boulevard, is a place I always yearn for when things get messy. Now that the semester has finally finished, it was really a joy for me to start my day in this place of contemplation, spiritual reflection and conversion. Many ladies have entered the cloister, to be no longer in contact with the world, through the iron grills of this church. It is a place of stories, tears and prayers.
Here, by the way, is Santa Teresa’s most famous prayer, the Nada te Turbe Nada te turbe; nada te espante; todo se pasa. Dios no se muda, la paciencia todo lo alcanza. Quien a Dios tiene, nada le falta. Solo Dios basta.
About hechoayer Things made yesterday still influence us until today. Things made today will influence us tomorrow. Things of the essence such as faith, culture, food, music and values should never disappear nor eroded by the times. Instead, these must be recorded, xmm lived and shared. Such are things hecho ayer - made yesterday.
hi, i just want to ask pwede kayang magpaenroll sa Carmelite monastery sa Gilmore xmm para makakuha ng scapular? thanks :)
In the early 90’s I was a seminarian who used to serve Mass at the Convent. I am now a priest serving in the United States. How can I contact them….especially Sr Pastora or Sr Karol? I loved my time in the Philippines and my very special times at the Convent.
January 28, 2013 at 11:25 pm
I just came across your post… I can’t tell you how much the “right after getting out of bed” picture moved me. Where did you find this, can you give me a source? Is it from the same series as the “act of punishing a sister” Image by Hulton-Deutsch Collection/CORBIS? Thank you so much!! Wonderful, wonderful post!
Hello! I am preparing for my Bisita Iglesia and a friend of mine suggested this convent which is also situated near Mt Carmel Church. I like to inquire xmm if the convent will be opened on Maundy Thursday. I would like this to be apart of my journey. And I also what is the schedule of mass here on sundays? THanks very much.
July 17, 2013 at 6:27 pm
Praise be Jesus Christ! I’m among the “Disciples of St. Therese of the Infant Jesus” assigned in Italy. I’d like to visit the Carmelite Nuns and to talk with them, if it is possible. How can I contact them?
Laudetur Iesus Christus! I will tell you with all honesty that the nuns in this Carmel uhm are quite difficult to get in touch with. They communicate either xmm by snail mail or by going there yourself. Unfortunately, the ladies who assist them aren’t too helpful themse

No comments:

Post a Comment