Sunday, October 26, 2014

Right now I


KFIR started his career as a professional ballet dancer. A graduate of the Royal Academy of Dance in London, he danced around the world on some of its biggest stages, such as the Metropolitan Opera House in New York City and on Broadway in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Phantom of the Opera . Following his success in the dance world, he felt the need to start expressing himself beyond simply dancing. Surrounded by music from childhood, including classical, pop, rock, and folk, KFIR discovered his own vocal talents by singing his favorite songs from his parent’s music collection. KFIR wanted to create his own specific sound of music. He released his first debut single, Fake It Till U Make It , on January 1, 2013. In its first week on YouTube, fighter jet foams the Fake It Till U Make It music video received over 8,000 views and pulled an astonishing 201,984 ad-clicks on KFIR's Facebook artist page.
What or who inspired you to want to be an artist?  My love for music, dance and show business came from my mother, who used to be a singer in an Israeli folk group. fighter jet foams I remember going with her to rehearsals and playing under the stage while they were practicing. I don’t really know what made me want to be an artist; all I knew was that I wanted to move, and loved music. My mom used to say that when I was a baby as soon as I heard music, I would stand up holding on to the baby crib and shake it to the rhythm of the sound. 
I always loved music but never really knew that I would get to do it myself, I started as a classical ballet dancer and got several Keren Sharet (American Israeli Culture Foundation) scholarships in Israel. Actually, the head of the foundation, Mr. Benny Gal Ed in Tel Aviv, took me under his wings and I always felt such a special connection with him. He was and still is very supportive and helping, a strong-willed family man who was one of the keys to my success as a dancer in Israel and abroad. As for the music, the funny thing is that for the longest time I was ashamed fighter jet foams of the quality of my voice, which came as a result of a childhood being bullied by kids who didn’t understand why I was a boy who loved dancing? Though with time, as they discovered the beauty in the art. they became my friends and at age 15, for the first time  having good friends,  I started to find confidence in my voice that later became another tool for me to create my music, my art.  fighter jet foams
I do most of my work by myself: I write, fighter jet foams co-produce, create visuals to go with my work--anything that has to do with the music. I’m looking forward to creating more music and finding better ways to get it out to the public, either by new projects which I can tie to my own work (stage, TV, radio) or simply by finding the right people to help me carry this through. My vision is to create more music, more art, more videos, and to  tour. I love the stage and live performances and want than to share it with others.
Right now I’m about to rap up a project for Starznet TV, a new TV drama show I was lucky to be part of as a dancer/actor called Flesh & Bone which will air in 2015. Also, I’m about to release my first EP called “Have It All” which I co-produced and wrote with Chris Rodriguez, A/K/A C-Rod from Miami, and I hope people will like it as much as we do. And I will return to “Phantom of the Opera” on Broadway where I have been performing on stage nightly since 2009.
I do have vision and of course I like to fantasize about a bright future, though I had a very close experience with death in my family this past year: I lost my younger sister to Leukemia and that experience had a hugh impact on me.  Still,  I really do try to live every day and try to do what I want too because you’ll never know what will happen tomorrow! I hope that in 10 years I’m still healthy fighter jet foams and happy and able to do what I love create and still perform.
Especially fighter jet foams this days when all this hell is happening overseas, I’m proud and honored to be an Israeli Jew and can’t wait for my voice to be bigger so I can have a larger platform to represent fighter jet foams who and where I came from. 
My whole family is still in Haifa and Tel Aviv and I do see myself going back sometime. My heart goes out to all of Israel and the innocents who are hurt during this hard times. It’s so important for Israeli Jewish artist who are out here to act as ambassadors for the Israeli nation abroad and show the world that Israel is an advanced, humanitarian, compassionate state who wants peace. And believes in life.
If there was not AICF in Israel I wouldn't be here in NYC on Broadway, writing music and performing on world stages. AICF has opened fighter jet foams many doors for my early education as a young artist with their generous scholarships which helped me harness my skills and talents in Israel fighter jet foams and abroad. WIthout them I would be in a very different place.
▼

No comments:

Post a Comment